Sunday, November 29, 2009

Rosita's Summary

Here we are on Sunday with what looks like a 95% complete restaurant. What is left, is the hanging of a few things on the walls this week and the re-delivery of the newly upholstered booths tomorrow morning at 8 am. The employees of Rosita's are busy cleaning it and resetting the tables for a busy week of serving some hungry people. You would not believe how many people came to the door wanting to eat, read the sign and walked away moping... Sergio and his crew have some very loyal customers. I have to say that even though it was a hard few months of planning, the actually work this week went smoothly. Everyone had a good attitude and worked extremely hard. I felt very proud to have been a part of this and I learned a lot,  for example:
1. Just because complete remodels are our business and seem easy to us, does not make it easy for the customer.  Remodeling is a HUGE emotional, monetary stress on people who haven't undertaken many remodels before. They are required to take a huge leap of faith on people who typically aren't considered trust-worthy ( contractors ).
2. If your husband whistles a lot, just try to ignore him.
3. If you think you have Strep Throat, you probably do.
4. It feels very good to have other people love their surroundings after my work is done, something I have always known but continues to bring me much joy. The best part is pleasing a person who seemed at first skeptical

Stop in if you get a chance and have a Margarita. I hear they are good. I plan to be sampling them this week.
Happy December, by the way. I think Rebecca is back from the east.... Maybe she will post some pics from Thanksgiving in PA.
-A

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

leap of faith...so true.