Tuesday, November 9, 2010

2736 Part 2, daylight basement






























So, yesterday I showed you the exterior and upstairs interior... and today I am showing you the lower level interior. This space is unfinished, yet not completely devoid of assets.. For example; there is heat, water, a fireplace, a yard level exit and a 25 year warrantied waterproofing system. I think the house was on the market for so long because it looked just plain ugly. For us ( a contractor husband helps with this) the upgrades are cosmetic and not structural which is a huge difference compared to 2341. The lower level here will eventually be a family room, music room, office, bathroom/laundry and art studio/garage.
I promise to not bore you with only posting about my new house project, but I think there is something exciting about sharing the process and getting opinions from all you readers.
My first step in visualizing this house was to look at tons of pictures on websites and in magazines and them throw them away. I throw them away because they are already in my subconcious ( just by viewing once) and the concepts that are worth while have already affected me and how I am seeing the space. By throwing them away I am then filtering those ideas thru MY design and style filter, ensuring an original design. I never recreate a room or look exactly as I see it in a book or website. Published pictures are an example of someone else's vision of design and style filtered thru their lifestyle and budget....
So there you have it, my starting point exposed.... and my ugly (soon to be lovely) new house.


2 comments:

Rebecca said...

so many possibilities for this space...

Carol said...

Anne, I LOVE a make-over, specifically homes. Please continue to share all your steps. I find it so interesting to see you in action--seeing your creativity and designs emerge--don't stop!