Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Blue.


"LOVE IN THE MIST AKA NIGELLA"

Be prepared for randomness this week, from me, (Anne). I will be taking my first trip to Europe soon...My thoughts are very scattered! But here I give you things in nature that are blue. I don't know why, perhaps it is because we here in Seattle are seeing the blue sky for the first time in a while and it is oh so luminescent. As a kid I remember being amazed that mother nature could create blue flowers. I am not sure exactly why I was so amazed by this, but probably because that damn red rose always got all the play. I gasp at the sight of a blue flower, this is why I will be showing you the ones I have come across lately. I am always searching for the perfect blue wall paint for people's homes. Blue is the most commonly asked for wall color, cross culturally,  mostly for bedrooms. It is also the most common logo color for major corporations all over the world. Is it because the sea and sky unite us all and it is a common source of calm and beauty? So far I have found two favorites that, when paired with a crisp linen white, make you take a big breath in. Palladian Blue by Benjamin Moore and Overcast by C2 paint. Yes I have given away my secrets.. but I want you to have joy, calm and beauty too..

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

also a great joni mitchell album. blue.