Tuesday, September 13, 2011

O-K-L-A-H-O-M-A, Oklahoma!


A few weeks ago I got a call from the illustrator Craig Orback. Craig was looking for a brother/sister combo plus another teen girl to pose for a book that he was illustrating set in pioneer times. He also needed a mom, but neglected to tell me until the day of so, yes, that pioneer mom is based on yours truly. I wrangled the kids together and Craig showed-up with all of his supplies: lighting, pioneer clothes, and a few props, and proceeded to have the kids pose based on the book's storyboards. Okay, you know what, modeling is hard! The shot with my daughter singing (maybe Oklahoma) with the hoe in her hand--she nearly broke her back doing that. I'm not sure when the book is being published, but when it is I'll let you all know and you can line-up for autographs. ~ Rebecca


No comments: