Friday, November 30, 2012

Dale & me

Honestly, I was skeptical. I've never been a huge Chihuly fan and the politics around the property at the Seattle Center seemed sort of crazy; so I was ready to be underwhelmed. Guess what? I was totally wrong. Not only is the museum space well laid-out and terrific for events, but Dale Chihuly's glasswork and personal collections are nothing short of astounding. I most liked the PNW room with the Native American baskets and Pendleton blankets and Edward Curtis portraits. Who knew that Dale was such a collector of everything? He must own an entire storage building in Tacoma to hold all of his stuff: vintage tvs, accordions, radios, toys, cameras, blankets, baskets, and on and on.

The photos in this post are from the Collections Cafe. Dale designed the display tables and practically everything else on the lot. I think I'm going to dust-off my vintage salt & pepper collection and find a suitable display spot. Thanks Dale.




No comments: